Monday, August 8, 2011

First Impressions

FIRST IMPRESSIONS

~ Chime  August 7, 2011

Creator of powerfully vivid first impressions,
Unparalleled resume, mesmerizing personality
an instant, ready-made friend for the taking.
Imagine it, fantasize, visualize and materialize.
Promise of fascinating tales to be told,
secrets to share, experiences enjoyed.

It’s maddening then and even heartbreaking,
I can reel them in, but they think I’m faking.
I’ve written the cheques but they can’t be cashed.
They’ve lifted my mask, their hopes are dashed.
When they look for me, I’m not what they’d wanted.
Even I can’t find me, searched in vain and realize  
I don’t seem to exist.  All I can find is a cipher you see,
What in the hell is wrong with me?

How is it that many relationships failed
after all those promising beginnings
Personality tests, therapists gave their opinions
no real answers, simply something and nothing.
People pleaser, low self-esteem, abandonment fears
My lesson:  Love, be yourself, real and authentic,
your mental equivalent will magnetize and appear
to eventually enrich your life.  So be clear
about who you really are!


I consider myself a work in progress, a spirit being having a human experience.  I'll get there...

Thank you.

Chime

No comments:

Post a Comment