Monday, August 1, 2011

Be Gentle, I'm a Newbie!

Hello,

Welcome to Mindful MusingsI'm Chime and I'm new here. I'll try to post as frequently as I can find interesting things to share and ponder.

Actually, a wise and kind mentor suggested that I might use blogging as an adjunct to journalling to share and perhaps test out theories and ideas that I might otherwise not do.

Another friend has been blogging for a few years and discovered a supportive online community who provide her with wonderful emotional and moral support. I didn't know that this was possible and thought I'd give it a try too.   So.... here I go.....

I just read Iyanla Vanzant's book, Peace from broken pieces: How to get through what you're going through.


I really resonated with many of her heartfelt and gritty stories and found it interesting and useful how she wove many psychological theories into her recollections. She holds nothing back and yet I learned so much from her memoir and her painful emotional healing journey.

I am also dealing with many of those same issues she refers to.

Goodbye for now.


Chime

2 comments: